Thursday, May 23, 2013

Jewelry, check!


Finally I have something ready and completed! I was bit skeptical about making anything complex from Fimo, but everything went better than expected. I had few problems on the way. Mostly they were sculpting issues with strange shapes and how to achieve them; from solid chunks or by cutting them with patterns from a sheet of clay.


Next to latex molds I used Fimo itself to make molds for the little trinkets for the amulet and earrings. I baked the molds and let them cool. I used talc as release agent. I took a small piece of Fimo and push it in the mold. With right amount of talc the clay popped out almost by itself. After baking I trimmed the pieces with a exacto knife.


I painted the jewelry pieces with metal paint and used black stain to age them. The wooden pearls I painted with acrylics. Finally I sprayed clear lacquer to finish the surfaces.

 Left: coins with stain

I used jewelry hooks to attach the trinkets. I secured them with epoxy glue which I also used to glue on the red stones. I drilled tiny holes for the coins and used stitching thread to hang them from the amulet.

2 comments:

  1. Puvun osat näyttävät upealta! Mitä olen blogeja lueskellut tähän mennessä olet EC ennakkosuosikkini, onnea kisaan! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Voi kiitos! Kannustus on minulle kullanarvoista. ^^ Ja hei, tsemppiä teille esitysvalmisteluihin Närconiin!

      Delete