Monday, June 21, 2010

Make-up test for Joxter

I got inspired yesterday and made a trial version for Joxter's make-up. I still need to improve the shape of the brown nose area. When I was applying make-up to my nose, I got caught up with the thought, WHY the nose is darker than rest of the skin… Which is quite irrelevant, when you go trough all the polymorphous creatures on Moomin Valley. But still.

I tried to alter the shape of my eye by the placement of the eye-liner. In the corners it's on the inner eyelids and in the middle on the outer, to fake the strict cornered, almond look of the eyes which Joxter has. I used brown and black pencil eye-liners and a lot of fading. The last, black lining is left un-touched. For the nose I put basic foundation on a palette and took a piece of bronzer and made a paste from them. I used a sponge to apply it. The sides need some more fading, I think. The base is just foundation I usually use. I applied bronzer under the cheekbones and under the jaw to make the shape of the face more distinct. Flash tends to make face look flat as a pancake.



The wig still needs some styling. I need to lighten it and try to flip the ends. For the make-up, I will apply the darker foundation paste on the whole forehead. And I will make the paste more beige and natural looking. It looks too terracottaish. I'm not wearing contacts on this particular photo. I altered the color a bit with Photoshop, but it’s still little off from the assumed, more turquoise color. “The contact lenses- test drive” will happen after few days. That’s something to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment